YouTube Video List:
Concept by Eric Scales
Concept by Eric Scales
Concept by Miguel Spadafino
Concept by Derek Laufman
Concept by Alexander Shatohin
Concept by Randy Bishop
Concept by Derek Laufman
This is the first part of a stylized anatomy practice that I made in Zbrush. The video-timelapse has comments in Spanish. If you are interested I could add English subtitles or I could make English videos, just let me know it in the comments.
You can see this character in Sketchfab:
I hope do you like this timelapse. The second part is cooking and I will soon publish it on my YouTube Channel
Hi everyone. This is a personal project that I started earlier this month and I have been working during my little free time. The character I chose was Broly from the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi of Play Station 2.
The first thing I do when I start a project is to organize my references in Puref:
Anatomy, characters and style references. Then I do the blocking in Zbrush using primitives and the grab and smooth brush.
For this character I wanted to achieve cartoon proportions, that's why the large size of his arms.
I try to adjust the blocking to get a silhouette with correct anatomy. After having a blocking that I like, I begin to detail the anatomy trying to simplify the muscles a bit, focusing on the silhouette.
For this character I wanted to work the hair from an early stage since it is a characteristic feature of him. I did the hair in Blender using curves. Working with curves in Blender is easy.
Whe the anatomy is done I begin to stylize the body a litlle. For this character I wanted to try a hard-edged style (angularity) but that looked organic.
I worked a lot on his body and style, since it was the first time I tried to do somenthing like that (I focused on his torso and arms, since the legs were not going to be seen by the character's pants).
At this moment I realized that the cartoon proportions that I wanted for my character were not working well. I received feedback about his arms and I decided to try posing the character's arms in different positions to see if they really looked bad, and yes, they really looked bad. I think I missed working better on his silhouette to better cartoonize his proportions (it's something that I have to work for future projects).
I spent a lot of time adjusting his arms, correcting some parts of his body such neck, shoulders, abs and chest and working on the style. I was a great change and the character looked better.
After having the character's body almost ready, I decided to start with the clothes and accesories. I did a quick blocking of everything and started to make the folds of clothes. I wanted something very stylized and simple for the folds, so the first ones I sulpted i didn't like.
The next day, after several attempts I achieved some better stylized folds in the character's pants.
I finally worked the others pieces of character's fabrics trying to follow the same style of his pants. The hardest part was making the fabric that is on his belt.
I also corrected his forearm, wrist and hand (the thumb was wrong).
I need to work on the face, hair and accessories of the character. Then retopo, UV's, bakes, textures, rig, pose and render. The deadline is in two weeks and I'm thinking that I will not finish on time.
I will make two more publications, one when I finish the texturing and another to talk about the rig, pose and rendering.
Thank you for reading
I sculpted a stereotype of villain with big teeth and and elongated jaw!
Today the Darksiders artbook has arrived and I have taken advantage of the challenge to sculpt a Skeleton based on a concept that I found in The artbook of Darksiders 2.
Today I sculpted a stylized ear. In the following days I want to focus on the parts of head (ears, eyes, mouth, nose) until I feel comfortable sculpting them.
Today I sculpted a stylized ear (again) but I did this in parts following the guideline of Anatomy for Scupltors book. Conclusion, for me is more easy and better with this method.
Today I sculpted a stylized nose.
I'm trying to apply my skull knowledge (learned during days ago) to create differents stylized skulls. Today I sculpted a mutant skull. Although is a mutant I think I have some small mistakes in the anatomy but overall I see it pretty well.
Today I sculpted a stylized Hero skull with his big and square jaw. Every day I feel that it's easier to sculpt a skull. This practice is very usefull! :D
Today I sculpted a stylized male skull. I hope you do not get bored of seeing so many skulls but I need to improve my head anatomy skills. I feel that I improved a lot during this first week :D
I keep improving my skull anatomy skills. Today I tried to sculpt a stylized female skull. It took me 1.5 hours because I had problems with shapes. Tomorrow I will sculpt a male skull. I hope it goes better than today.
I took advantage of my speed sculpt time to practice head anatomy, starting with the fundamental, the skull. I made a planar stylized skull and I think I will practice the skull for a few more days until I feel comfortable sculpting this.
I am trying to improve my anatomy head skills. I have to improve a lot in female heads :D
I have decided to start a new challege to improve my sculpt skills: A daily speed sculpt during one month.